Pioneer rekordbox Professional DJ Management Software Gets a Tune Up
Pioneer’s highly popular rekordbox® digital music management software gets a tune up today by providing users with more music access functionality. The rekordbox 3.0 software update adds new capabilities called “MY TAG” and “MATCH” for adding keywords and mix information for each track to music. It also includes a “PREVIEW” function that let users play and check music directly from a list, “PLAYLIST PALETTE” function to display up to five playlists with the ability to edit, as well as a “SYNC MANAGER” function for synchronizing playlists from other software locations and devices (rekordbox/iTunes/USB storage devices, etc.).
The rekordbox 3.0 software can be downloaded free of charge from rekordbox.com and enables management of music files stored on a Mac computer or PC. The simple to use software analyzes music information such as beat position and BPM and gives users the ability to configure and save music points (cues/loops/hot cues) for advanced preparation for DJ playback.
- MY TAG – Users can add key words to music files for quick and instant access
- PREVIEW – Enables users to play and check music directly from a list
- MATCH – Allows selection of music most suited to the mix by adding mix information for each track
- RELATED TRACKS – Automatically selects and lists related music from set conditions
- SHORTCUT – Enables playlists and playlist folders to be recorded as bookmarks
- PLAYLIST PALETTE – Displays up to five playlists from a list, with the ability for the user to move music while checking the destination playlists
- BEAT JUMP – Enables movement by specified number of beats and bar
- Full-color waveform display
- Artwork display support for intuitive selection of music from a list
- Memory cues/hot cues settings with comments and colors
- Play/stop music and set cues with mouse clicks
- 2PLAYER function enables users to check compatibility of two songs
- Master tempo is supported for changes to music tempo and changes to key
- Beat grid display uses a new analysis algorithm for beat position resulting in greater accuracy
- Ability to write data to music stored on external HDD
- Playlists and music data can be exported even while carrying out other operations
- Increased music import speed
The rekordbox 3.0 software is compatible with various Pioneer digital players including the CDJ-2000NXS, CDJ-2000, CDJ-900NXS, CDJ-900, CDJ-850 and CDJ-350.
Pioneer and rekordbox are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.